National Book Lovers Day is when bibliophiles everywhere show their love for books. On this day, everyone is encouraged to set aside their tablets and smartphones, stop looking at Instagram and escape into the world of literature.
This is a day where you should show your deep appreciation for the written world, and be the best book lover you could be. On this day, you should celebrate literature in all its facets. You could read a book, write a short story, attend book readings, write a book of your own, and even go to book conventions.
You are also encouraged to show your bibliophile’s fervor and get some reading done. It is the time to show your appreciation for books in the best way possible. You could do so by reading as many books as you can.
However, even if you are a bibliophile, there may be times where you won’t have the urge to read books or do anything concerning books. You might not be in the mood to read books. If you are suffering from a lack of enthusiasm, you should read some great quotes from the famous writers of the past.
Here are 14 great book lover quotes from famous authors:
1. “So many books, so little time.” -Frank Zappa
2. “Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” -Groucho Marx
3. “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” -Haruki Murakami
4. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” -John Green
5. “It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” -Oscar Wilde
6. “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” -Jane Austen
7. “A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. That is why I read so much.” -George R.R. Martin
8. “A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” -William Styron,
9. “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” -Charles W. Eliot
10. “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” -Stephen King
11. “I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited.” -Sylvia Plath
12. “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” -Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus
13. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” -St. Augustine
14. “There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” -Bertrand Russell
Powered by Experts, Published by You. Reach 40,000+ Retailers & Libraries Around the World. Concierge Service. Tailored Packages. BBB Accredited Business. 100% Royalty Program.