Unlike other types of editing that are usually applied when the author has finished writing the manuscript, developmental editing best happens during the process of writing. It is like the crutch that helps the story stand up. The developmental editor sets technicality aside and focuses on the readability aspects.
Developmental reviews the following specifics:
- Character Voice
- Character Development
- Plot Structure
- Overall Theme
- Overall Consistency
- Overall Weaknesses within the Story.
Criteria for Developmental Editing:
- For fiction writing, our expert editors will emphasize on reviewing the readership and genre to decide whether the content is suitable. Afterwards, the elements comprising the storyline, pace, characterization, and dialogue will be reviewed as well.
- For nonfiction manuscripts, our editor will review the relevance of the work to assess the appropriateness of the content, whether ideas are developed sufficiently, factual assertions are precise, and the material is regimented.
Note: All editing services have a 5,000-word minimum charge. We advise you to submit your manuscript for a copyediting process after the structural editing process.
Allocated Time of Fulfillment runs two to three weeks, depending on the company’s work backlogs and manuscript intricacy.
This structural editing service can only be availed within the production phase and are not applicable to books that have already been printed or are already displayed to be sold.
- Only one round of FREE revision or modification will be granted; the succeeding revisions to take place will already be subjected to the standard rate.
- Please ensure that all requested alterations or corrections are forwarded to us in one communication. Standard rates will apply on the additional incremental corrections.